New to the Disney Data & Analytics Conference in 2022 is a day dedicated to data analytics related training with multiple options available for all attendees! Training will take place the afternoon of Monday, August 15, 2022 at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort.
Training Day offerings include:
- A course delivered by practitioners from The Walt Disney Company on Data Visualization and Storytelling (additional fee required)
- Select sponsors will be providing training on their products and services (included in the conference registration fee)
- August 15, 2022 | 2:00 – 5:00PM Eastern
- Included in the conference registration fee
- Limited number of training offerings from some of our sponsors will be available
- Sessions will be up to approximately 3 hours in length
From Data to Insights
Join Dataiku for a workshop where you’ll gain intimate, firsthand experience with Dataiku’s end-to-end data science platform. Dive deep into the Dataiku Design Node to prepare data interactively, analyze it, create insights, and augment your analysis using machine learning with or without coding.
For an optimal experience, it is recommended attendees bring their own laptops to this training session.
2:00 to 3:15 - Zero to Snowflake
New to Snowflake? Here’s your opportunity to get to know us!
During this session, technical experts from Snowflake will demonstrate how to transform your legacy data architecture into a modern data platform, all designed to help you understand the true power of Snowflake's Cloud Data Platform. This will be followed by an advanced use-case demonstration.
Who Should Attend: Anyone new to Snowflake with a technical background
3:30 to 5:00 - Snowflake Showcase
Data Sharing Demo using media specific datasets
- Subscriber overlap analysis to package bundled offering
Data Clean Room Demo. Common use cases: Campaign attribution and measurement, third party enrichment, ad log analysis etc.
- Snowflake DCR Architecture
- DCR using Snowflake
- DCR using Habu
Who Should Attend: Data Analyst, Ad Sales, Marketing, Customer Acquisition & Retention
2:00 to 3:15 - Mind Blown: Learn the Basics of Alteryx Designer
New to Alteryx? Let us show you how you can do anything with Data!
During this session, Alteryx' Principal Evangelist and Alteryx Ace, Joshua Burkhow and the Alteryx Team will take you on an amazing ride to teach you how you can do anything with data using Alteryx Designer. There will be no seatbelts or harness restraints, only excitement and thrills allowed! At the end you will not only have a ton of fun, but you will also have learned how to use Alteryx Designer to get started today!
Who Should Attend: First Time Riders.
Pre-Requisites: Download & Install Alteryx Designer Desktop
3:30 to 5:00 - How Big of a Movie Fan are You Really?
For this fun filled and competitive session we are going to show you how you can answer important questions about your data to see really, how big of a true movie insider you really are! We will show you how to easily connect to data, not be constrained by Excel and learn how to use Alteryx Designer to Summarize, Filter, Sort, and Analyze your data and more! Prizes may or may not be involved.
Who Should Attend: Data Lovers, Excel Junkies, and Movie Fanatics masquerading as Analysts.
Data Visualization and Storytelling
Level: Beginner - Intermediate
Audience: Individual Contributor - Executive
How to Register
Deriving insights from data is more efficient when using a well-crafted data visualization than when using tables or reports. However, the journey to creating a well-crafted visualization can encounter many common pitfalls, especially when enabled by spreadsheet tools. This course will cover the principles and science behind creating a great visualization and change how you look at pie and bar charts. This course will dive into topics including:
- Building Blocks of Data Visualization - basic elements of a visualization and how they work together to create various chart types
- Data Visualization Designs - design principles used in data visualizations, how to convey messages through graphic representation, and making visualizations accessible and inclusive
- Exploration & Storytelling - storytelling with data and the use of tools to build visualizations
- Data Manipulation for Data Visualization - preparing data in a way that enables iteration through many visualizations and working with data manipulation techniques that aid effective data visualization
- This training will take place on Monday, August 15, 2022 at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
- Course length is approximately 4 hours and offered in-person only
- Laptops are not required, however, attendees may bring their own devices
- Classroom will be setup with tables with electrical outlets to accommodate each attendee